7th Pay Commission MACP Pay fixation – How to fix pay of central government employees on grant of MACP (Modified Assured Career Progression) on or after 1st January 2016? – GConnect 7th Pay Commission MACP Calculator
1. The benchmark for considering the grant of MACP to Central Government Employees has been increased. Earlier the benchmark recorded in APAR (Annual Performance Appraisal Report) as “Good” will be the minimum eligibility (Click here to checkout MACP before 7th Pay Commission). Now benchmark in APAR for grant of MACP after 7th Pay Commission has been revised to “Very Good”.
Accordingly, MACP OM dated 19.04.2009 has been modified by OM O.M. No.F.No.35034/3/2015-Estt.(D), dated 28.09.2016 as follows
“17. For grant of financial upgradation under the MACPS, the prescribed benchmark would be ‘Very Good’ for all the posts.”
2. MACP prior to 7th Pay Commission implementation involves placement in the next grade pay in the grade pay hierarchy and 3% increment in Basic Pay (pay in pay band and grade pay).
After implementation of 7th Pay Commission, financial upgradation under MACP is granted by providing one increment in the existing pay level and placing to equal or next higher pay in the next higher level of pay matrix.
MACP Pay fixation after 7th Pay Commission Implementation as per OM dated 28.09.2016 and Rule 13 of 7th Pay Commission (Revised) Pay Rules 2016:
Illustration 1 : MACP on 1st August 2016:(Applicable to employees granted MACP between 2nd July and 1st January )
1. 7th Pay commission Pay of an employee is fixed as Rs. 34900 in Level 5 (as against grade pay of Rs. 2800 in 6th CPC Pay) as on 1st January 2016.
2. As on 1st July 2016, he will be entitled to annual increment. Therefore, his pay will be fixed as Rs. 35,900/- at Level 5 Index 8.
3. He is entitled to MACP as on 1st August 2016.
4. In this case, financial upgradation under MACP is granted as follows.
Step 1: Existing Pay of Employee which is in Index 8 of Level 5 will be provided with MACP Increment and therefore his pay will be placed in Level 5 – Index 9, viz., in 37,000/-
Step 2. Since there is no pay in the next level (level 6) which is equal to Rs. 37,000/-, the next higher basic pay in Level 6 is Rs. 37,600/- which is at Index 3 of Level 6.
The relevant portion of Pay Matrix is given below.
As per Rule 9 of 7th Pay commission Pay Rules 2016 the next date of annual increment in respect of this employee will be on 1st July 2017.